It’s easy to assume that since you vacuum the carpeting in your home on a regular basis that they’re clean. Just simply vacuuming is not enough to clean the carpets. Due to the fibres, the depth of the pile, and other factors, dirt, dust, allergens, and other contaminants get trapped within the carpet and resist the force and suction of a vacuum cleaning machine.
Here are 5 signs that your carpets are not quite as clean as you originally thought.
1. Fading over time. Yes, fading could be the result of direct sunlight, but it’s more often the result of dirt building up over time. As with any other item in your home, the older it is, the more dirt it’s going to accumulate. That dirt leaves a film behind and can make it appear that the carpet isn’t quite the same color as when you first purchased it.
A professional carpet cleaning service could restore your carpeting to like new condition.
2. Dust continually building up elsewhere. If you notice dust building up on your furniture, it’s also piling up around your carpets. The more foot traffic your room experiences, the more it’s going to kick up the dirt trapped in the carpeting. You may be able to notice this when you have sunlight bathing your room. Most of those dust particles came from your carpet.
3. There are people living in your house. Believe it or not, 80 percent of the dust and dirt that builds up in your home is dry skin. A person shed their skin every seven days. That means the more people you have living in your house, the dirtier your carpets are going to be, even if you have all those people remove their shoes the moment they come inside.
4. The vacuum bag or filter is full. When a vacuum bag or container is full, or even approaching full, it’s going to be less effective as picking up deep down dirt. It can also be a sign that there’s a lot more dirt in your carpets than you realized.
5. The carpet doesn’t feel as soft or comfortable. If your carpet is a few years old, you may notice it doesn’t quite feel as comfortable as it did when it was new. That’s a common issue homeowners have.
However, with a professional carpet cleaning service, all of your carpeting can actually feel like new again, mostly because they will truly get the clean they deserve, and that you want.