How to Successfully Recover From Water Damage
Water damage to carpets can be caused by floods, leaking faucets or pipes, toilet overflow, a malfunctioning dishwasher, and spillage of water and other liquids. Probably the most menacing of anything other than fire damage, water can ruin carpets, upholstery, wood and drywall and leave it susceptible to toxic mold and mildew growth.
When we think water, we think the clear and drinkable liquid leaving our plumbing through household taps but this water isn’t the worst of its kind. Contaminated water flows through our homes and around the property and sadly is the most common types of water damage. Basically water damage is categorized into three, depending on the type of water that has caused the flooding.
- Unsanitary Water: Here the water is contaminated in some way. For example it could be an overflow from the toilet or dishwasher, from water beds which are punctured or any other source where the water contains pollutants or germs.
- Black Water: This type of water may be raw sewage, water from the sea or any other type of water which has been in ground contact and is highly unsanitary.
- Sanitary Water: This water has the least contamination or the presence of any pollutants.
What Steps Can be Taken Immediately After Suffering Water Damage?
The first thing to do is stop the source of water which is causing the flooding. Then remove the excess water from the room either by opening a way for the water to flow out or by removing it manually with a bucket or pump. Drying immediately after water damage has occurred is highly advised. It’s best to dry the carpet within 10 to 12 hours from the time you have stopped the flooding. The more you delay the drying process; there are more chances of your carpet catching mold, fungus and a build-up of bacteria. We understand the need for timely restoration of water damaged homes and buildings and offer 24/7 emergency flooding restoration.
Do I Replace my Carpet after Water Damage?
Not in all cases. If the water is highly contaminated you do not have much choice but to throw the carpet or rugs away, but first consider the value of the rug and obtain a quote on the cost of professional restoration services. If it’s an antique or costly oriental rug you could think about disinfecting and repairing. We offer rug cleaning and repair and specialize in Oriental and Persian rug cleaning.
How to Disinfect a Carpet after Water Damage?
This is best left in the capable hands of a professional service that will be able to gauge the level of contamination, and determine the best cleaning products and procedures base the type of water damage. Our technicians come equipped with everything needed to get you back to normal.
- 24/7 emergency support
- Immediate dry down of your building and it’s contents
- High tech monitoring equipment to detect the level of moisture in floors and walls
- Specialized air movers to cut down on drying time
- Friendly, guaranteed service