Many common household cleaners can be toxic and deadly. Growing up, questions regarding the toxicity and the hazards of chemicals within the environment were largely overlooked. However, time has shown us that what we put in our home – and what we use to clean our home – is just as important as what we put inside our body.
Commercial cleaners contain toxic substances like phenol, formaldehyde, phosphates, ammonia, chlorine bleach, arsenic, naphthalene, hydrochloric acid, paradichlorbenzene, lye, phosphoric acid, and sulfuric acid – just to name the most common. When breathed in, these substances can irritate your respiratory system. These chemicals are then leached into your blood stream leaving traces in other organs, including your heart. Petroleum based cleaners are directly absorbed through the skin. The long-term effects of these chemicals are, in some cases, carcinogenic – cancer causing.
If you are not using a 100% natural product, you are “cleaning” with potentially hazardous chemicals. Be aware of products that do not disclose all of their ingredients. Products that do not openly state all of their ingredients are usually hiding something. Also, be aware that the words ‘organic’, ‘non-toxic’, and ‘eco-safe’ do not always mean the product is natural – or completely safe – you have to look at the ingredients to be absolutely certain.
Getting rid of toxins in your home – and getting your home healthy – doesn’t have to be a daunting task. In a few easy steps you can improve your indoor air quality and decrease your exposure to toxic chemicals and fumes. Making the shift to natural cleaning products will also help the environment outside of your home. By decreasing the amount of chemicals that are released into your soil, water supply, and air, you are contributing to the shift toward eco-friendly, healthier ways of living for everyone.
That’s why Royal Interior Cleaners uses only natural cleaning solutions that are environmentally friendly and safe for your family and pets.